In this article, we will tell you about the Agnipath Recruitment Scheme also known as the “Tour of Duty” (TOD) for the youth of India in the Armed Forces. On 14 Jun 2022 in a transformative reform in the Indian Armed Forces, the Government of India introduced Agneepath Scheme.
The youth enrolled will be known as Agniveers for a duration of four years in the Army, Navy, and Airforce.
Agniveers will be given an attractive monthly salary package along with Risk and Hardship Allowance as applicable in the three services.
A one-time payment to be called “Seva Nidhi” will be given to Agniveers on completion of engagement of four years.
GOI is planning to start recruitment of Agniveers within the next 90 days. A total of 46000 Agniveers will be enrolled this year.
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment Rally Notification 2022
The Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment Rally Notification 2022 is out, we have mentioned important details below:-
- Online Registration is Mandatory for candidates to participate in Recruitment Rally.
- All candidates to log in to joinindianarmy.nic.in, check their eligibility status, and create their profile.
- Online registration will be opened from Jul 2022 onwards for various technical and non-technical trades in Army.
- The screening of the candidates will be carried out on the basis of qualitative requirements.
Indian Air Force Agniveervayu Recruitment Notification 2022
Indian Air Force (IAF) has opened an online registration process for the recruitment of Agniveervayu, the details of the same are as follows:-
- Online Registration is openend at 1000 hrs on 24 Jun to 1700 hrs on 05 Jul 2022.
- Online Exam will be conducted from 24 Jul onwards.
- The application will be filled out online by the candidates at https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in/AV/
- The candidate must have a valid e-mail id and mobile no. for registration.
Agnipath Scheme Reservation Benefits after 4 Year Service
- The Government of India announced on 18 Jun 2022 that the first batch of Agniveers will get 5 years of age relaxation and a Reservation of 10% in Assam Rifle and CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces).
- The second batch onwards of Agniveers will get 3 years of age relaxation to join Assam Rifle and CAPF.
- Alongside this, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath and Haryana Chief Minister Shri Manohar Lal Khattar have already announced that preference will be given to Agniveers in state government jobs in their state.
Let us explore the topic in detail…
What is Agnipath (Agneepath) Scheme?
Agnipath scheme is for the recruitment of Indian youth in the Armed Forces. This scheme allows the patriotic and motivated youth of India a chance to serve the country for a period of four years.
Alongside this, the Armed Forces will get a young, fit and diverse profile of soldiers in their wings to face future challenges.
The main features of the Agneepath Scheme are as follows:-
- It will provide an opportunity for the youth who may be keen to don the uniform.
- The average age profile of the Armed Forces will come down by 4-5 years.
- After completion of their engagement, these Agniveers will have a better understanding of self-discipline, diligence, and focus.
- These skilled youth will also contribute to other sectors.
- The youth will have better teamwork coordination, enhanced physical fitness, patriotism, and loyalty to the country.
- The availability of trained personnel will boost the security of the nation in times of internal threats, external threats, and natural disasters.
- The skill gained by the youth will be recognized through a certificate, and provide an add-on to their unique resume for the future.
Who are Agniveers?
The youth selected under Agneepath Scheme will be known as Agniveers. Both men and women can apply for this scheme.
What are the Benefits of the Agneepath Scheme?
Agniveers will be given an attractive monthly salary package along with the allowances as applicable in the three forces. On successful completion of their four-year engagement, Agniveers will be given a one-time credit known as “Seva Nidhi”. The Seva Nidhi will comprise a contribution from the Agniveers Salary + Interest + Equal Contribution from GOI of the total amount accumulated (Agniveer Salary+Interest).
The Agniveers will get approximately Rs. 11.71 lakh as Seva Nidhi, and it will be exempted from Income Tax.
In addition to that Agniveers will be given a Life Insurance Cover of Rs. 48 Lakhs for the duration of their engagement in the Armed Forces of four years.
However, they will be not entitled to any gratuity or pension benefits.
Advantages of Agnipath Scheme for Agniveers
- Attractive Financial packages for youth.
- It is an opportunity for the youth to train in the best institutions and enhance their skills and qualification.
- Adequate re-employment opportunity in civil society.
- The Agniveers will get a chance to serve further for 15 years post completion of their four-year engagement as JCOs/ORs in the Armed Forces.
What is the Age limit for Agnipath Scheme?
The Age limit for men and women to get enroll in Agnipath Scheme as Agniveer is between 17.5 to 21 years. However, on 16 Jun 2022 Government of India has increased the upper age limit from 21 years to 23 years for the year 2022.
What is the Eligibility of the Agneepath Scheme?
The enrollment will be based on “All India All Class”. The education qualification for Agniveers will remain in vogue for various categories. For example:- for a General Duty soldier the education qualification is class 10.
What is the Salary of Agniveers in the Agnipath Scheme?
|Monthly Salary in Rupees
|In-Hand Salary in Rupees
How to apply for Agniveer Scheme?
The enrollment will be conducted through an online centralised system for all three services. Alongside this, specialized rallies, and campus interviews in recognized technical institutes like Industrial Training Institute (ITI) and National Skill Qualification Frameworks will also be conducted.
When will the Agnipath Scheme Recruitment 2022 commence?
The Recruitment of Agniveers for the three services will start in 90 days.
How to download Agniveer Scheme PDF?
You can download the Agniveer Scheme PDF from the link given below:-
Hi, guys, this is Adhyans Jadli from Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. I am the admin of this site. In this site, I am going to publish useful information regarding all the academic and competitive examinations.
FAQs on Agnipath Scheme 2022
Agnipath Recruitment Scheme is for the youth of India to serve the Nation as Agniveers in Armed Forces.
The men and women who will join the Armed Forces through Agneepath Scheme will be known as Agniveers.
Both men and women in the age range from 17.5 to 21 years and medically fit as per Armed Forces laid down rules are eligible to become Agniveers. The education qualification for Agnipath Scheme is Class 10.
The enrollment for Agniveer Scheme will start in 90 days. Also, the enrollment for the three forces will be carried out centrally through an online procedure.
The Government of India has increased the upper age limit from 21 years to 23 years for the year 2022.
The Government of India announced on 18 Jun 2022 that the first batch of Agniveers will get 5 years of age relaxation and a Reservation of 10% in Assam Rifle and CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces).
The second batch onwards of Agniveers will get 3 years of age relaxation to join Assam Rifle and CAPF.
Alongside this, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath and Haryana Chief Minister Shri Manohar Lal Khattar have already announced that preference will be given to Agniveers in state government jobs in their state.