In this article, we will have a quick overview of the 15th BRICS Summit 2023. Alongside this, we will also cover topics like, What is BRICS, its headquarters, member countries, its Agenda, etc.
Apart from that, we will also cover details like who will host the 15th BRICS Summit 2023, and its theme, host, Agenda, list, and other important details.
What is BRICS?
It is an acronym used for the association of five emerging economic nations namely Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
Initially, it was known as BRIC but later on, South Africa joined this group in the year 2010.
After the induction of South Africa, it was formerly known as BRICS.
What are the main Objectives of Brics?
The main objective of the BRICS organization is as follows:-
- Provide financial assistance to member nations.
- Development of the member nations.
- Cooperate with the member nations for trade and development.
- Support projects and infrastructure of the member nation.
- It also provides financial assistance to countries other than its members.
Which country is hosting the 15th BRICS Summit 2023?
South Africa is hosting the 15th BRICS Summit 2023.
What is the theme of the 15th BRICS Summit 2023?
BRICS Summit 2023 is hosted by South Africa in Johannesburg. The theme for the 15th BRICS Summit is under the theme: “BRICS and Africa: Partnership for Mutually Accelerated Growth, Sustainable Development, and Inclusive Multilateralism”.
Which edition of the BRICS summit is in 2023?
BRICS Summit 2023 is the 15th edition.
Which country recently joined BRICS?
6 countries namely Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates have been invited to become members of BRICS from January 1, 2024.
Key Points on BRICS Organisation
- BRIC was founded in June 2006.
- Its Headquarters is in Shanghai, China.
- The first formal BRIC summit was held in Yekaterinburg, Russia on 16 June 2006.
- Brazil, India, China, and Russia are the founders member of BRIC.
- Its meeting has been held annually since 2009.
- The 11th edition of BRICS Summit 2019 is being held in Brasilia, Brazil.
- The official language of BRICS is English, Chinese, Hindi, and Russian.
- Official website infobrics.org/
- NEW Development Bank (NDB) was established by the member nation to support projects through loans, guarantees, and other financial instruments.
FAQs on BRICS
What is the Full form of BRICS?
BRICS is an acronym used for Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
Who is the current President of BRICS?
Former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff is the president of the BRICS.
How many countries are there in BRICS?
BRICS Countries List:-
There are Five member nations namely Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa BRICS. However, Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates have been invited to become members of BRICS from January 1, 2024
Who will host the 16th BRICS Summit 2024?
Russia” is scheduled to host the BRICS Chairship in 2024 and hold the 16th BRICS summit in Kazan.
How many BRICS summits have been held?
A total of 15 summits have been held so far.
When was BRICS established?
BRICS was founded in June 2006 by China, Brazil and Russia.
When did India join BRIC?
India joined BRIC in 2009.
Where is the headquarters of BRICS?
The headquarters of BRICS is in Shanghai, China.
Which country is the first beneficiary of BRICS?
Russia is the first beneficiary of BRICS.
Hi, guys, this is Adhyans Jadli from Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. I am the admin of this site. In this site, I am going to publish useful information regarding all the academic and competitive examinations.