Download Co-WIN App (Winning Over COVID-19) 2.0 to Register for the Covid -19 Vaccine in India
In this article, we will provide you details on how to download Co-WIN (Winning Over COVID-19) App 2.0. How to register for the Covid-19 vaccine in India?
Alongside this we will also deliver information on the following related topics:-
- How to register for COVID-19 vaccine in India
- How to download COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- What is Co-WIN (Winning Over COVID-19) App 2.0
What is Co-WIN (Winning Over COVID-19) App?
Co-WIN (Winning Over COVID-19) 2.0 app is developed by the National Health Portal – MoHFW for tracking and registration of the COVID-19 vaccine to the citizens of India.
The app will be available for eligible beneficiaries from 1 Mar 2021, for the second phase of immunization to the people above 60 years of age and 45 years of age with co-morbidities (medical certificate required).
The government will monitor the overall process of vaccination in India through the Co-WIN app, Co-WIN portal, and AarogyaSetu app.
Beneficiary who had received two shots of the COVID vaccine will be able to get the COVID-19 certificate to download from Co-WIN app and AarogyaSetu app.
Apart from the Co-WIN app, citizens of India can also register for vaccination through the AarogyaSetu app and the Co-WIN website (cowin.gov.in).
How to Download Co-Win (Winning Over COVID-19) APP 2.0
This app is available for everyone use from 1 Mar 2021 and one can download the same from the Google play store from the link given below:-
How to Register for COVID-19 Vaccine in India?
The eligible citizens of India will be able to register for COVID-19 vaccine through the following three portals:-
Co-WIN App 2.0 (Download)
Co-WIN Website (cowin.gov.in)
AarogyaSetu App (Download)
- Download the Co-Win app or visit the official Co-Win website by the abovementioned link.
- Register on the app through your mobile number or Aadhaar number. Aadhaar is not mandatory for registration on the COWIN portal.
- Verify your registration by submitting the OTP that you will receive.
- Provide the details like Name, Age, Sex, and one Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, etc) that you will be required to show at the vaccination centre.
- Choose the date and vaccination center.
- After getting vaccinated you will receive a reference id by using that you can download the vaccination certificate.
- The beneficiaries residing in a state different from their home state can also get vaccinated.
- Beneficiaries will not have the liberty to choose between Covishield and Covaxin vaccines.
- The government had authorized many private hospitals to act as COVID-19 vaccine centre where they can charge no more than 250 rupees per shot.
- COVID-19 vaccine will be provided free of cost at all Government Hospitals.
- Beneficiaries can also call helpline no. 1507 who don’t know to operate Smartphone or either they don’t have.
How to download the COVID-19 vaccination certificate?
The beneficiaries can download COVID-19 vaccination certificate from the AarogyaSetu app.
The Government of India had launched a Co-WIN portal integrated within the AarogyaSetu app having three dedicated section providing information like Vaccination dashboard, Vaccination Information, Vaccination Certificate.
Citizens of the country can get the Vaccination certificate after receiving the first dose from this portal upon filling the requisite details.
The information portal will provide the latest news on the COVID-19 vaccine drive in India.