What is the Full Form of Computer?
Computer Full Form: The Full Form of Computer is as follows:-
- C – Common
- O – Operated
- M -Machine
- P – Particularly
- U – Used for
- T – Technical &
- E – Educational
- R – Research
There are many full forms available on different websites, and there is no uniform single, widely agreed Full Form of Computer.
Computer-related full forms for competitive exams
We have organized some important full forms that are asked in competitive exams. Please do comment below and let us know about your list.
Full Forms of Computer Brands
- HCL – Hindustan Computer Limited
- HP – Hewlett Packard
- HTC – High Tech Computer
- IBM – International Business Machines
- MS – Microsoft
- Intel – Integrated Electronics
- Dell – Digital Electronic Link Library
- Apple – Asian Passenger Payload Experiment
- Lenovo – Le (Legend) & novo (New)
- Acer – Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators.
Full Forms of Computer language
- ALGOL – ALGOrithmic Language
- ASP – Active Server Pages
- ADO – Active Data Object
- BCPL – Basic Combined Programming Language
- BASIC – Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
- COBOL – Common Business Oriented Language
- CFML – Cold Fusion Markup Language
- CSS – Cascading Style Sheet
- FORTRAN – FORmula TRANslation
- HTML – Hyper Text Markup Language
- iMAC – iNTERNET MACintosh
- JS – Java Script
- JSP – Java Server Pages
- J2EE – Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition
- LISP – LISt Processing
- MS WINDOWS – Microsoft Wide Interactive Networking Development for Office Work Solutions
- ORACLE – Oak Ridge Analytical and Common Logical Engine
- PHP – Hypertext Pre Processor
- PROLOG – PROgramming in LOGic
- PERL – Practical Extraction and Reporting Language
- SQL – Structured Query Language
- SAP – System Analysis and Programming
- VFP – Visual FoxPro
- VBS – Visual Basic Scripting
- XSL – eXtensible Stylesheet Language
- XML – eXtensible Markup Language
Full forms of Computer Memory
- KB- Kilobyte (this is the smallest storage unit)
- MB- MegaByte
- GB- GigaByte
- TB- TeraByte
- PB- PentaByte
Full Forms of Computer Hardware
- BIOS- Basic Input Output System
- CPU– Central Processing Unit
- CD- Compact Disk
- DVD- Digital Video Disk
- FDD- Floppy Disk Drive
- HDMI- High Definition Multimedia Interface
- HDD- Hard Disk Drive
- LCD – Liquid Crystal Display
- LED- Light Emitting Diode
- MMC- Multi-Media Card
- NTFS- New Technology File System
- PDF- Portable Document Format
- RAM– Random Access Memory
- Prom- Programmable Read-Only Memory
- ROM- Read-only Memory
- SMPS- Switch Mode Power Supply
- SSD- Solid State Drive
- UPS- Uninterrupted Power Supply
- USB- Universal Serial Bus
- VDU- Visual Display Unit
- VGA- Video Graphics Array
- Computer Softwares
- ALU- Arithmetic Logic Unit
- DVI- Digital Visual Interface
- OS- Operating System
- VIRUS – Vital Information Resources Under Seige
Full forms of Computer Courses
- Google UX Design
- Google IT Support
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Fundamentals of computing
- Web Design
- ADCA – Advance Diploma in Computer Application
- BCA – Bachelor of Computer Application
- COPA- Computer Operator cum Programming Assistant
- CSE- Computer Science Engineering
- DCA- Diploma in Computer Application
- DCE- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- IT- Information Technology
- MCA- Master of Computer Application
Full forms of Computer Networks
- CDMA full form- Code Division Multiple Access
- GSM- Global System for Mobile Communication
- GPRS- General Packet Radio Service
- SIM- Subscriber Identity Module
- 2G- 2nd Generation
- 3G- 3rd Generation
- 4G- 4th Generation
- 5G- 5th Generation
- DNS- Domain Name System
- HTML- HyperText Markup language
- IP- Internet Protocol
- ISP- Internet Service Provider
- URL- Uniform Resource Locator
- VPS- Virtual Private Server
- WAN- Wide Area Network
- WI-FI- Wireless Fidelity
- WLAN- Wireless Local Area Network
- WWW- World Wide Web
Full forms of Computer file formats
|.DOC||Microsoft Word Document|
|.DOCX||Microsoft Word Open XML Document|
|.MSG||Outlook Mail Message|
|.ODT||OpenDocument Text Document|
|.RTF||Rich Text Format File|
|.TEX||LaTeX Source Document|
|.TXT||Plain Text File|
|.WPS||Microsoft Works Word Processor Document|
|Portable Document Format|
|GIF||Graphical Interchangeable Format|
|MP3||MPEG Audio Layer 3|
|UHD||Ultra High Definition|
What is Computer?
A computer is an electronic system that uses instructions to store, retrieve, and process data by using hardware and software.
It uses computer programming to perform arithmetical or logical operations sequences.
The computer contains particularly arithmetic and logical unit i.e. ALU.
Computers can be technology-based ie. It can be digital, analog, or hybrid.
There are also several other Super Computers, Personal Computers, Desktops, Laptops, etc.
The computer is often known to be a computing machine since, without software, it cannot do anything.
It takes user raw data as an input process and produces user output.
In simple words, we can say that the digital computer is an electronic device along with its components i.e. hardware and software (just like apps on mobile).
It makes our life easier by processing raw data output in any form given to it, into meaningful data as desired by the user.
There is a lot of software and hardware available in the market as per the user requirements.
Must Read:- 100+ Most important full forms in Computer
Classification of the Computer on the basis of Generations:-
The Generations of computers are defined on the basis of major technological changes:-
- First Generation (1940-1956) – uses vacuum tubes, ENIAC was the first computer of this generation.
- Second Generation (1956-1963) – uses transistors rather than vacuum tubes.
- Third Generation (1964-1971)- ICs (integrated circuits) was used in place of transistors which reduced the size of computers.
- Fourth Generation (1972-2010) – uses microprocessors and ICs.
- Fifth Generation (2010- present) – the fifth generation of computers uses AI (artificial intelligence) and some best examples of these are Siri on iPhone, and Cortana on Windows 8, and 10.
Do you know what is CPU in Computer? A CPU in a computer is one of the important components of the computer system. CPU is sometimes called the computer brain.
CPU in Computer stands for:-
C – Central
P – Processing
U – Unit
A special region called the CPU (Central Processing Unit) socket is the area where the CPU is mounted within the motherboard to handle other device inputs and outputs.
It performs all of the basic arithmetical and logical operating operations and communicates the computer’s commands and programs.
The term CPU conventionally refers to a processor that includes the control unit and the logical arithmetic unit.
A – Arithmetic
L – Logic
U – Unit is the complete full form of ALU.
Arithmetic logic unit abbreviation will be – The portion of a machine that performs all arithmetic computations.
The ALU is divided into two units in processors, an arithmetic unit (AU) and a logic unit (LU).
It represents the fundamental building block of a computer’s central processing unit (CPU). Modern CPUs contain highly potent, complex ALUs.
A laptop or a laptop computer is, in simple words, a small portable device.
The full form of the laptop is:-
L – Lightweight
A – Analytical
P – Platform
T – with Total
O – Optimized
P – Power
Hi, guys, this is Adhyans Jadli from Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. I am the admin of this site. In this site, I am going to publish useful information regarding all the academic and competitive examinations.