In this article, we will let you know “How to download Masked Aadhaar”, what is the need for masking your Aadhaar number, What is Masked Aadhaar, and What is Aadhaar?
Aadhaar is mandatory for every Resident of India. It is for everyone from a newborn to senior citizens. In addition to that, it is also important to keep your Aadhaar data correct and updated.
So let’s begin and explore the topic…
What is Aadhaar?
Aadhaar is a verifiable 12-digit identification number that is issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) to the resident of India. An individual has to go under a satisfying verification process laid down by the competent authority.
A person willing to make Aadhaar has to provide minimal demographic and biometric information during the enrolment process which is free of cost.
Usage of Aadhaar
- To get benefits from Central and State Government schemes.
- It is also used as an Identity document.
- For Booking Rooms in Hotel
- To book an Airline Ticket
- For the opening of a Bank Account
- To get a SIM Card
Nowadays, Aadhaar is used and asked by every organization throughout the country as It is a single verified valid identity proof.
This results in a very casual approach to Aadhaar usage by an individual, which can be very dangerous. The Government of India has also warned the Nationals of India to be careful while using their Aadhaar card.
Someone can impersonate your identity and can misuse it.
But there is a simple solution to this problem, which is called masking of Aadhaar.
What is Masked Aadhaar?
Masked Aadhaar features allow an individual to mask the first 8 digits of your Aadhaar number in your downloaded e-Aadhaar.
In a masked Aadhaar card, your first 8 digits are replaced with the “XXXX- XXXX” characters and only the last 4 digits of the Aadhaar number are visible.
Also Read:- How to link Aadhaar with Pan Card?
How to Download the Masked Aadhaar?
Step 1: Click on this link myaadhaar
Step 2: Click on the Download Aadhaar option.
Step 3: Here you will get three options. Complete the verification by choosing the first option of Aadhaar number and clicking on the OTP option.
Step 4: You will see the option “Do you want Masked Aadhaar”. Check the box and enter your OTP.
Step 5: Congratulations, that’s it download the masked aadhaar.
You will see that the downloaded masked aadhaar only shows your last four-digit.
Is Masked Aadhaar Valid?
Yes, Masked Aadhaar is a valid identity proof that can be used anywhere.
What is an e-Aadhaar?
e-Aadhaar is an electronic copy of Aadhaar that is password protected.
What is the Password of an e-Aadhaar?
The password of an e-Aadhaar is the combination of the first 4 letters of your name in CAPITAL and the year of birth in YYYY format.
Is E-Aadhaar equally valid as physical Aadhaar?
Yes, E-Aadhaar is equally valid as a physical copy of Aadhaar.
How to download an e-Aadhaar?
Residents can download an e-Aadhaar by following two ways:-
- By Using Enrollment Number: Resident can download e-Aadhaar using 28 digit enrolment no. along with Full Name and Pin code. In this download process, OTP is received on registered mobile no. Resident can also use TOTP to download e-Aadhaar instead of OTP. TOTP can be generated using the mAadhaar mobile application.
- By Using Aadhaar No: Resident can download e-Aadhaar by using 12 digits Aadhaar No. along with Full Name and Pin code. In this download process, OTP is received on registered mobile no. Resident can also use TOTP to download e-Aadhaar instead of OTP. TOTP can be generated using the mAadhaar mobile application.
How to download Masked Aadhaar without OTP?
You should have your mobile number registered with UIDAI. You can not download a masked aadhaar or e-aadhaar without OTP.
Hi, guys, this is Adhyans Jadli from Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. I am the admin of this site. In this site, I am going to publish useful information regarding all the academic and competitive examinations.