In this article, we will talk about OpenAI’s Playground Platform. Is OpenAI Playground Free, What is OpenAI Playground.
Also, get to know OpenAI Playground vs. ChatGPT.
Let’s explore the topic…
What is OpenAI Playground?
OpenAI Playground is a web-based platform. It allows users to interact with different AI models developed by OpenAI.
It is an excellent and powerful tool than ChatGPT for learning, and experimenting.
By using the OpenAI Playground Platform you can understand the capabilities and limitations of AI models.
You may have heard of and used ChatGPT. Using ChatGPT is very simple you just need to create an account, sign up, and log in to ChatGPT to use.
But OpenAI Playground is like a laboratory, where you can experiment with different Machine Learning models and parameters.
Is OpenAI Playground Free to use?
OpenAI Playground: It is a free-to-use platform where users can interact with OpenAI’s models for experimentation and learning purposes without direct token-based charges.
OpenAI Playground has a time limit. You get an $18 credit to start when you sign up for OpenAI Playground.
With these $18 you can create around 650,000 words from AI for you. These free credits expire after three months.
You need to buy more credit in order to use OpenAI Playground if you consume your free credit early or if it expires.
OpenAI API: It is a separate service provided by OpenAI that developers can use to integrate OpenAI’s models into their own applications.
The API may involve charges based on the number of tokens processed or other usage metrics.
OpenAI Playground API is not a free service, and you are charged based on your token usage, similar to how you are charged for token usage with other APIs provided by OpenAI.
How to Use OpenAI Playground?
Follow the steps given below to use OpenAI Playground:-
- Create an Account on OpenAI.
- Visit the official OpenAI website, and navigate to the Playground tab.
- Login to the OpenAI Playground Platform with your login credentials.
- Now you can use the web-based tool to generate text based on prompts. You have only $18 of credit or 650,000 words free to use within 3 months period.
- Keep a check of your usage statistics to see how much credit you have left to avoid running out.
OpenAI Playground vs. ChatGPT
1. OpenAI Playground offers way more customizable options than ChatGPT. We have mentioned a few parameters below:-
- The ChatGPT has only one mode which is Chat. On the other hand, OpenAI Playground has multiple modes like Chat, Complete, and Edit.
- The next parameter is the language model here you can choose between 5 different language models.
- Temperature is another parameter, by using this you can add some creativity and randomness to your prompt result. Please note that the AI is more creative if its value is close to 1.
- The maximum length parameter allows you to set it as per your desire to get the output.
- Frequency Penalty makes it less likely for a word to be picked again when it has already been used a lot.
- Presence Penalty is a technique used to encourage a computer program or AI to talk about different things and use different words.
2. The second reason to use OpenAI Playground is that it gives you a wide range of examples.
- You need to simply click and open the one example you like from the Playground list.
- You will be able to get to know the details of that example like, what prompts are used in it, and how it was made, Also, you will be able to modify and run it for you.
3. You can share and save presets. It allows you to create your own presets to save and share them.
4. You can use speech to text feature in OpenAI Playground. In ChatGPT you can only input text but in OpenAI Playground you can input an audio file.
You can directly record your voice or input an audio file to the Playground.
Hi, guys, this is Adhyans Jadli from Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. I am the admin of this site. In this site, I am going to publish useful information regarding all the academic and competitive examinations.