NDA Full Form
Through this write-up, we intend to provide information on NDA. After going through this article, you will develop a better understanding of the NDA full form and meaning of NDA.
Alongside this, you will know the process to join NDA and how the selections are done.
Also, explore the documents required for the NDA selection process and disqualification criteria from training.
Also Read:- BCA Full Form
What is the full form of the NDA?
NDA is used as an abbreviation for the National Defence Academy.
What is NDA?
The Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, the National Defence Academy has all the three services of the Indian Army.
The Army, the Navy and Air force get training together at the National Defence Academy.
The Academy imparts training of the three services to the candidates before they go on to pre-commissioning training to their respective service academies.
It is located in Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra.
How do you join the NDA?
A candidate will have to appear in the entrance exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to join the National Defence Academy.
The exam is conducted twice normally in the month of March and August.
There is an eligibility criterion for the candidates which they should meet to join the NDA.
Also, there is a selection process that is followed. Explore the details of the eligibility criteria and selection process below.
Must Read:- What is SSC?
What are the eligibility criteria to join NDA?
To appear in the exam for joining the National Defence Academy, the candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:-
- The candidate should be 16½ to 19½ years of age as on the first day of the month in which the course is due to commence
- The candidates should have passed 12th class of the 10 + 2 system of education or equivalent for Army. For Air force and Navy, the candidate should have cleared 10 + 2 with physics and mathematics.
- The candidate should be unmarried
- The candidate should be a citizen of India or subject of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who moved to India intending to settle permanently
- The candidates will have to go through a medical round. They will have to be mentally and physically fit as per the prescribed physical standards.
- The height and weight requirements of the Navy are different from that of Army and Air Force.
- Air force and navy candidates shall meet the specific vision requirements as well
Which candidates are not eligible to apply?
- Married candidates cannot apply
- The candidates who have withdrawn or resigned from the Armed Forces Training academies on disciplinary grounds
- The candidates who have been debarred by the Ministry of Defence
- Those candidates who have failed CPSS or PABT are not eligible to get admission into the Air force.
- The candidates who have passed or appearing in class 11th exams
What is the selection process for NDA?
The Union Public Service Commission conducts exams twice in a year to join the National Defence Academy.
Candidates have to clear a written test and medical examination to join the NDA.
In the written examination scheme, there are 2 papers – mathematics (300) and general ability test (200 + 400).
The general ability test has two sections that are English and general knowledge.
This paper tests the candidate’s conceptual understanding and ability of mathematic subjects.
- General Ability Test
- Part A – English
This is to test the ability and understanding of English concepts, use and proficiency.
- Part B – General Knowledge
This section broadly covers several subjects like science, social studies, current events and more.
As recommended by the Services Selection Board, the candidates have to undergo a medical examination.
It is conducted by the Board of Service Medical Officers.
What are the documents required for NDA selection process?
The candidates have to submit certain documents and take the original copies and photocopies of them to the interview.
The following documents are to be submitted:-
- Original 10+2 or 12th standard passing certificate or equivalent
- Certificate of eligibility of the candidates of certain categories
- Caste certificate (For SC, ST, OBC etc.)
- Address proof
- Identity proof
How can one be disqualified from NDA training?
Candidates can be disqualified from the process of admission in the following cases:-
- A candidate admitted earlier at NDA or 10+2 cadet entry scheme of Naval Academy but removed for lack of qualities or on disciplinary grounds.
- Candidates who have withdrawn or resigned previously on medical grounds or left voluntarily. They are eligible only if certain conditions are satisfied and proved.
- If any of the eligibility criteria is violated or found to be false or misrepresentation.
Hello! My name is Mansi Shrivastava who happens to have a knack for writing. It has not always been what I admired but developing into a writer was something I appreciate the most now. When not glued to the computer screen, I love to try my hand in arts and crafts. Also, binge-watching with a bowl of snacks has always been my thing.