PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana – All You Need to Know
In this write-up, we aim to provide complete information about the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
We have included various pieces of information such as what is this scheme, what are its benefits, eligibility, the PM Kisan app, the application process, helpline number, and more.
We have also thrown light on the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana. Get along with us and explore.
Note :- To read in Hindi, Click on the Translate tab on Top Right Corner and Select Indian Flag.
On 24th February 2020, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare observed the first anniversary of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
It was launched on February 24, 2019, and was implemented in all the States except the State of West Bengal.
Also, PM-Kisan mobile app was launched which was designed by the National Informatics Centre in collaboration with the Ministry of Electronics and information technology.
Through the app, the farmers can view the status of their application, update and carry out corrections of their Aadhaar Card alongside checking the history of credits to their respective bank account.
Also Read :-
What is the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a scheme by the central government which obtains its 100% funding from the Government of India. The scheme was implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Under the PM Kisan Yojana, an amount of ₹6000 per year is transferred directly to the bank accounts of all the landholding farmers in three equal instalments. The amount is transferred irrespective of the size of the landholdings.
The scheme aims to assist the small and marginal farmers in their financial needs to procure various inputs that ensure the proper health of the crops and appropriate yields.
- The State and Union Territory governments are entirely responsible for identifying the beneficiary farmer families.
- The income support provided to the farmer families should only hold or have the ownership of land up to 2 hectares. However, farmers with landholding 2 hectares can also receive the benefits.
- Under the scheme, a family refers to the husband, wife and minor children
- The first installment for the period from 1.12.2018 to 31.3.2019 had to be provided in the financial year only
- There are certain exclusion categories under the scheme which have been discussed later in the write-up
- The PM Kisan Yojana is a ₹75000 crores scheme that will cover approximately 125 million farmers in the country
Who are eligible to get the benefits under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
All the farmer families which can satisfy the following conditions are eligible to apply and avail the benefits of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- The farmer families should hold cultivable land in their name
- The farmers can belong from both rural as well as urban regions
- The farmer families must fall into the small and marginal categories classification
- The landholding farmer family should have cultivable land holding up to 2 hectares, whose names appear in the land records of the States or Union territories
Who are not eligible for the PM Kisan Scheme?
There are certain categories of individuals and landholders belonging to the higher economic status that are not eligible for the benefits under the scheme. They are as follows:-
- All the institutional landholders
- Farmer families belong to one or more of the categories given below. The categories are as follows:-
- Present and former holders of any constitutional posts
- Any of the former and present – Ministers, State Ministers, Members of Lok Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies, State Legislative Councils, Mayors of Municipal Corporations and Chairpersons of District Panchayats
- Any of the present or retired – Officers and employees of Central and State Government Ministries, offices, departments, and the field units Central or State PSEs, attached offices, autonomous institutions under government and the regular employees of the local bodies
(This category excludes the multi-tasking staff/ Class IV/ Group D employees)
- All those superannuated or retired persons who draw a monthly pension of ₹10000 or more
(This category excludes the multi-tasking staff/ Class IV/ Group D employees)
- All the persons who have paid income tax in the previous assessment year
- All the professional like doctors, lawyers, engineers, chartered accountants and architects who are registered with professional bodies and carry out profession by undertaking practices
What is the PM Kisan App?
The government launched the PM Kisan mobile app on the first anniversary of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana on 24th February 2020.
The app consists of all the features and facilities that are available on the official website of PM Kisan.
With the help of the PM Kisan app, a person will be able to do the following things:-
- New farmer registration
- Beneficiary status
- Edit Aadhaar details
- Status of self-registered farmers
- PM Kisan helpline
How can you download the PM Kisan mobile app?
Anyone can download the PM Kisan mobile app very easily by following the steps which are as follows:-
- Open the Play Store application in your mobile
- In the search bar, type ‘PM Kisan mobile app’
- The PM Kisan mobile app will appear on the screen
- Click on download and wait for it to be installed
- Once installed, open the application and it is ready to use
If you are not able to find the PM Kisan app on the play store, you can follow this link to download the application – PM-Kisan App
How can one apply to PM Kisan Yojana?
Under the PM Kisan scheme, more than 9 crore farmers have been benefited. As per the latest reports and details, approximately 5 crore farmers are deprived of the benefits of PM Kisan Yojana.
For the farmers who haven’t applied for the scheme, the scheme is open for registration.
Famers can register in the PM Kisan scheme through two methods. They are as follows:-
1. Registration through the PM Kisan portal
2. Registration by visiting the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC)
Under the registration method through the PM Kisan Portal, here is a step-by-step method for you to do which is as follows:
Go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi. Follow this link to the official website of PM Kisan Scheme.
On the left side of the website, there is a Farmer’s Corner. Click on the ‘New Farmers Registration’ option. A new window will open. Follow this link to the registration form window.
Fill in the details asked on the New Famer Registration form. You will have to enter your Aadhaar number and the captcha code. Click on the ‘Search’ or ‘Continue’ button
You will be required to fill in all the required details like your name, mobile number, bank details, land details etc.
Check and verify all the details and click on the ‘submit’ option to submit the form.
Once you submit the form, registration number and reference number are generated. Note down the numbers carefully and keep them safely for future references.
What is the mandatory information required to be submitted on PM-KISAN portal for the transfer of benefits?
To enroll under the PM Kisan Yojana coma the farmers have to furnish certain information and documents which are as follows:-
- Your name, age, gender and category (SC or ST)
- Aadhaar card number
(Except for the farmers belonging to the States of Assam, Meghalaya and union territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh as the Aadhaar number has not been issued to the majority of the citizens) (These States have been exempted from this requirement till 31st March 2020.
In these union territories and States, the Aadhaar number shall be collected for the beneficiaries when it is available.
The alternate prescribed documents which should be collected from others for identity verification purposes such as driving license, voter ID card, NREGA job card or any other identification document which is issued by the central/State/UT governments or their authority)
- Your bank account number and IFSC code
- Your mobile number (The mobile number is not mandatory but it is advised but when available it should be provided so that the information regarding the transfer of benefit can be communicated to the beneficiary)
What is the remedy available for the eligible beneficiary if his/her name is not included in the list of beneficiaries?
For all those eligible beneficiaries whose names are not included in the list, they can approach the District Level Grievance Redressal Monitoring Committee in their respective districts for the inclusion of their names in the beneficiary list.
Also, the government has created an exclusive farmers corner in the official web portal of PM Kisan which give the following facilities to the farmer through the three separate options which are as follows:-
New Farmer’s Registration
Through this, the farmers have the option to submit their details online. There are certain mandatory fields in the online form along with self-declaration regarding eligibility.
Upon filling in and submitting the form successfully by the farmer, it is forwarded to the State Nodal Officer for verification by an automated process.
The State Nodal Officer verifies the details filled in by the farmer and uploads the verified data on the portal of PM Kisan. Further, the data is processed through an established system for payment.
Edit Aadhaar Details
Through this, the farmers can edit their name as per the details provided in their Aadhaar card. After authentication through the system, the edited name gets updated.
Through the beneficiary status link, the beneficiaries can ascertain the status of payment of the installments by providing their Aadhaar number or bank account number or the registered mobile number.
What is the procedure of release of installments to the beneficiaries?
The procedure for releasing the installment to the beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi is as follows:-
- For the State and UT government to upload the beneficiaries data, an exclusive web portal, namely, www.pmkisan.gov.in has been created
- The eligible farmers have to apply with the village Patwari, revenue officials or the other designated offices or agencies by submitting their required details to them.
- The Nodal Officers which are appointed by the State or union territory governments at the block/ taluk/ district level process the data and for the transfer them to State Nodal Officers
- Upon receiving the processed data from the Nodal Officers, the State Nodal Officers authenticate the data and upload them in batches on the portal from time to time
- The data of the beneficiaries which the State Nodal Officers upload passes through a multi-level verification by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), the Public Finance Management System (PFMS) and the banks
- Depending upon the verified/validated data, the State Nodal Officers sign the Request for Transfer of Fund (RFT) containing the total number of beneficiaries contained in a particular batch and the total amount of fund which is to be transferred for that batch and upload it on the portal
- Based on the Request of Transfer of Funds, the Public Finance Management System (PFMS) issues a Fund Transfer Order (FTO)
- Based on the Fund Transfer Order, the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare issues the sanction order for the amount mentioned in the FTO
- Further, the amount is transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries which are held in destination banks through the accredited Bank of the department and this counselling Bank of the State or UT governments using the PFMS portal
- The destination Bank can be any one of the following – Schedule Bank, Post office, Rural Bank, Cooperative Bank or any other Financial Institution.
- The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) managers and monitors the entire banking transactions
What is the PM Kisan helpline number?
In case of any queries or assistance, individuals can contact the PM Kisan help desk. The PM Kisan helpline number and email are as follows:-
PM Kisan Helpline Number: 011-24300606
What is the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana?
Apart from Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, the government has launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana.
The scheme was started to provide social security to all the small and marginal farmers in the country who hold land in their names.
The scheme endeavours to help the farmers in living a healthy and happy life after they reach their old age.
This scheme provides benefits to the farmers who have minimal or no Savings and do not have any source of livelihood when they reach old age.
The salient features of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana are as follows:-
- A fixed pension of ₹3000 will be provided to all the eligible small and marginal farmers
- The pension scheme is voluntary and contribution-based
- The pension paid to the farmers will be from the Pension Fund managed by the Life Insurance Corporation of India
- The farmers will be required to contribute an amount between ₹55 to ₹200 per month in the Pension Fund until they reach their retirement age which is the age of 60 years
- An equal contribution of the same amount will be made by the central government in the Pension Fund
- Farmers over the age of 18 years and above and up to 40 years are eligible to join the scheme
- The spouses of the small and marginal farmers are also eligible to join the scheme separately. Under the scheme, spouses will also receive a separate pension of ₹3000 on reaching the age of 60 years
- All the farmers who have joined the scheme have the option to leave the scheme later if they do not wish to continue for any reason. The total contribution to the Pension Fund will be returned along with interest to them.
- In an instance of unfortunate death of the farmer before retirement age, the spouse is eligible to continue in the scheme by paying the remaining contributions until the remaining age of the deceased farmer.
- In an instance of the farmer’s death before retirement age, the total contribution made by the farmer along with interest shall be paid to the spouse if the spouse does not wish to continue.
- In the case of the farmer’s death before retirement age, the total contribution with the interest will be paid to the nominee if there is no spouse.
- If the farmer dies after the retirement age, the spouse will continue to receive 50% of the pension per month as family pension
- In case the farmer is a beneficiary of the PM Kisan scheme, they may allow the contribution to be directly paid from the same bank account in which the farmer receives the PM Kisan benefits
- The Eligible farmers who desire to join the scheme will have to visit the nearest Common Service Centre along with their Aadhaar number and bank passbook or account details
- Later on, an alternative facility of enrollment to the PM Kisan State Nodal Officers or by any other means online enrollment will be made available to the farmers
- Enrolment of the farmers under the scheme is free of cost and they are not required to make any payment for the same at the CSC centres
This was all about the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi and the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana. For any queries or details not included, you can visit the official portal of the schemes or contact on the helpline details available to the individuals.
Hello! My name is Mansi Shrivastava who happens to have a knack for writing. It has not always been what I admired but developing into a writer was something I appreciate the most now. When not glued to the computer screen, I love to try my hand in arts and crafts. Also, binge-watching with a bowl of snacks has always been my thing.
Things to Know:-