WWW: World Wide Web
Here in this article, we’ll learn about WWW Full Form, overview, history, benefits, and disadvantages.
What is the Full Form of WWW?
The full form of WWW is the World Wide Web. It is a collection of internet-connected websites all over the world.
Related Article:- What is URL?
What is WWW?
The world wide web is an internet-based system of interlinked hypertext documents. The website could include texts, pictures, and other multimedia.
Use a web browser and navigate through hyperlinks to access a web page.
The following is the list of different popular Web browsers:-
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Netscape Navigator
- Safari, etc.
History of WWW
WWW was established by Tim Berners-Lee on 12 March 1989. He was a British computer scientist and was employed at CERN while working on the World Wide Web.
In 1990, Tim Berners-Lee, who used the NeXt Computer as the first web server in the world, created the first web browser.
Are www and Internet the same?
The World Wide Web is often confusing, as it is usually known, with the internet. Even if they are connected fundamentally, they are different things.
As the name suggests, the internet is a network-a large global network with many smaller networks. The Internet, therefore, contains networks and other technologies that are funded.
In comparison, the Web is a communication model that enables information sharing over the internet through HTTP.
Things to Know:- Most common types of Cyber attack
Advantages of WWW
While thinking about the benefits we have with internet use, some of them are as mentioned below-
- We find that most free information is available on the internet. It is one of the most important things because within the comfort of our home we can gain information on any particular subject.
- In order to invite people to join the worldwide web community, it is also important to address the low cost of initial connection.
- The use of the internet often decreases transparency costs and can be used in various services.
- By using online resources and mobile phone apps, people report and connect on social media such as Twitter, Facebook.
- The use of the internet also helps business information system management. Ultimately, it is easy to reach, and you can get it everywhere, making it the global media.
Must Read:- Full Form of Computer
Disadvantages of WWW
We have to take into account the risk of overload and excess information which must not be reliable and true when we see the problems which Internet use causes.
A good knowledge search strategy is required for the World Wide Web.
- Searches can be slow because some information is hard to filter and a priority. In fact, there is no guarantee that you can eventually find what you’re looking for and that there will be a lot of data and knowledge unconnected.
- There are no rules on the Internet and no quality standards so it can create many referral issues because information can be changed quickly at any moment.
- Computer crimes with people sharing personal and private data on the Internet make it less demanding for stalkers and hackers to find their personal information by numerous means.
- Due to access to billions of computers, computer hackers and malicious users can hack profiles, accounts, without authorization of any personal information.
Also Read:- What is cyber security?